Spirit Lake Idaho

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Delilah1337, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Delilah1337

Delilah1337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I just got off the phone with City Hall and they gave me the thumbs up on having my chickens. The lady told me that we CAN have them even though we don't have quite an acre, as long as we respect the noise ordinance and don't let the coop get smelly. Looks like I will be getting 2 babies in the Spring time to complete my chicken clan of 9. I’m so happy that now I get to build them a Super big run that goes into my front yard, I was afraid of letting people see them so I kept them in the back yard. I just wanted to let ya'll know the good news, I have the ladies name that I spoke with if anyone runs into problems with the law, just in case.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    That's great news! [​IMG]

3. Delilah1337

Delilah1337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    Ive already started looking at ideas for the new run Im going to build. We have a big front yard and I have been hoping they could use it instead of being stuck in the little 'ol backyard. Looks like I have 4 months of saving so they will have the best run any chicken could dream of.

4. hockeyplr

hockeyplr New Egg

Feb 2, 2016
    I also live in Spirit Lake, Idaho and am looking into getting some chickens for my family. I was wondering if you could tell me what you recommend for egg layers in this area? I contacted City Hall and the lady on the phone said that I am allowed up to 10 chickens currently. I think that is a little low but have to obey the rules.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by