spiritually communicate with an agressive rooster???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TheRoostergirl, Jan 21, 2014.

1. TheRoostergirl

TheRoostergirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2013
    My friend is giving me her VERRY aggressive rooster i take quite a liking to aggressive roosters and when i first met the rooster i felt some sort of conection with him like he was trying to tell me something i can spiritually communicate with dogs and horses but i need to communicate with this rooster spiritually i think theres something wrong and i need to solve his anger issues so i can have him and so he doesent get put to sleep he is such a butifull isa brown cross leghorn rooster who looks alot like my beloved old rooster reggie

2. cackleberrycam

cackleberrycam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2013
    This may sound kind of ridiculous, but one way you might be able to calm him down would be to hypnotize him.
    When a chicken is hypnotized it calms them down and slows their heart rate.
    [​IMG]

3. TheRoostergirl

Oct 22, 2013
    No not at all i do that with some of my hens to calm her down but the thing is we cant go near the pen coz hes so nasty how can i stop this aggression so i can pick him up and "retame" him?

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  5. TheRoostergirl

Oct 22, 2013
    Thanks i will

6. TheRoostergirl

Oct 22, 2013
    Wondering if anyone has spiritualy communicated with arooster bfore if so how did you do it i need spiritual conections bcoz other sollutions will not work he is so aggressive that you cant touch the small pen he is in i need to save him he is going to b put to sleep if i cant stop the aggressiveness and take him home and he is so butifull he dosent deserve to b put to sleep

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I had a beautiful rooster a few years ago. I assisted him when he hatched (my first time) and raised him in the house. He was as crazy about me as I was about him. He liked nothing more than hanging out with me and sitting on my lap. When he was around 5 months old his behaviour changed overnight. One moment he'd be all sweetness and love, 2 seconds later I'd have a nasty puncture wound on my arm. I thought he'd outgrow it, so I reprimanded him, stocked up on band-aids and blamed hormones when DH threatened to kill him. But over a few weeks his behaviour got way worse. He got so bad that I could not cross the yard without him flying at me and pecking and scratching my legs. Then he attacked a friend of ours who came to visit. Then he turned on the hens. One day he trapped my oldest hen and she got caught in the fence. I battled to free her with one hand, while fending him off with the other. I wish I could show you what my arms looked like afterwards... After that incident I gave him away and accepted that my formerly beautiful, loving rooster would serve better as someone's dinner.

I understand how easy it is to get attached to a rooster, but really, keeping an impossibly aggressive rooster is simply not worth the hassle. Those beaks and nails and spurs can do serious damage, to humans and to other chickens. No matter how beautiful he is, or how much you love him. I know it's hard, but if he doesn't want to change, you'll have to give him up.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I agree.

Couldn't you find a nice, gentlemanly rooster to connect with? There are also lots of wonderful tempered boys out there in danger of being put to sleep...

9. TheRoostergirl

Oct 22, 2013
    i had an overly aggressive rooster we connected and i never gave up on him i think thats the problem with most aggressive roosters you always give up too early personally im a big fat missfit and i am will ing to take in as many miss fit animals as i can i have a connection with this rooster and unless youve had this bfore you really dont understand i cant just get a nice one bcoz it would b cruel choosing the betyer bhaved one over the missfit hippicrattical too bcoz i am also a missfit. Like i said bfore i cant just let this go would he think im a threat if i try to pick him up if so could u suggest some ways for me to try pick him up?

10. OnceAroundTheBlock

OnceAroundTheBlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Western North Carolina
    I too am a big animal lover and thought I could tame a mean-spirited rooster. I tried everything and nothing worked. The day he jumped up in my face and flogged me just missing my eye by an inch and laying my cheek open, I got rid of him immediately.

My daughter took him and he was nice for a little while and then he started back with the nasty behavior. Nature must have taken care of him once and for all, a predator must have had him for dinner one day because he disappeared forever.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by