Spitting nails I am SO upset!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
Some of you may remember that my 8 year old was being bullied at school about her religion. She handled it well and it seemed to have stopped. Today I was at the school dropping off eggs when I ran into the bully's mother. I was going to walk by but she stopped me.

After the merest moment of pleasantries she launched into me about what a bad mother I am for not bringing my daughter to jesus. I was ready to just walk away when she said the one thing that threw me over the edge.

"My daughter knows that jesus told her she has to save your daughter's soul, so don't expect her to stop trying to save her because she knows that is what jesus wants her to do and she wants to avoid going to hell so she'll keep at your daughter until she is saved from you and your wickedness."

I may not have it exactly right because my ears were ringing by time she finished I was so angry.

I said, "How DARE you pretend to speak in jesus' name and tell your daughter any such thing! No where does the bible put the responsibility for another person's soul in the hands of a child. There is nothing I could teach my daughter that would be as evil as telling an 8 year old that they were going to hell for failing to save another child's soul."

The discussion went down hill from there. I never cursed at her or threatened her with anything other than calling CPS on her for emotional abuse. I told her she needed to go back to the Bible because apparently she had missed a few passages. I turned right back around and went back into the school and warned the principle and guidance counselor about this mother. It seemed clear to me that they were aware that she was nutters but could not say so. lucky me and my poor daughter that this woman should become obsessed with us!

The school was supportive and understanding. Hopefully we can keep it all aimed at me and leave my poor daughter out of it.

That poor little girl! "jesus save me from your followers!"

(Trust me I am fully aware that THIS is not Christianity!)

That is absolutely insane and you have every right to be upset and angry! This is a prime example of why everyone should just shut their mouths when it comes to religion, unless they're invited to talk about it! I personally am Christian, but I have never (and will never) tell anyone else that they are wrong. Stupid people! Sorry you have to deal with this.

ep.gif
The nerve of some people. You handled it better than I would have. Good for you!!!
clap.gif

The mother is telling her daughter that SHE will go to hell if she doesn't keep trying to convert your daughter, is that what I'm understanding your post as saying? If so...
ep.gif
...that poor child!

That is nuts. I am very tolerant of people and their choices in religion, family and the like. The only thing I require of anyone is that they do not push their beliefs on me. I would have been outraged and probably not nearly as nice as you were.

Yep, she is telling her daughter that she will go to hell if she doesn't save my daughter's soul! I am not Christian but I feel very comfortable saying that this is not a part of anything jesus said!

You handled it well under the circumstances you and your DD has been through. Keep your head up and don't stoop down to her level.
hugs.gif

She's lost it. I don't get involved in other's practices. I am christian and know I shouldn't press it on others. Stupidity of some people.... can't the world just be simple?

somad.gif
You handled it MUCH better that I would have. You were able to articulate an appropriate answer right on the spot. I would have been utterly speechless and would have gone home and THEN have formulated the perfect response in my own head. Thankfully you were able to get it out. Not that it really matters because someone like that didn't even hear a word you said. She is right and you are wrong and nothing will change that for her.
rant.gif

clap.gif
to you!! Sorry your poor DD has to deal with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom