HuevosGonzos

Songster
Apr 3, 2021
Hi everyone! We have a beautiful Appenzeller Spitzhauben that’s around 10 weeks old. I’m almost convinced it’s a female, but it has some questionable behavior at times. 🤷‍♀️ I’m hoping this is just a breed trait, but what do you think based on the photos? Not the most cooperative bird while taking photos…

Attachments

• 5C7731A6-C5AE-4049-8E08-279B6B688DED.jpeg
    5C7731A6-C5AE-4049-8E08-279B6B688DED.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 5F94F806-F89E-411E-9B05-4A2630D86C16.jpeg
    5F94F806-F89E-411E-9B05-4A2630D86C16.jpeg
    530 KB · Views: 26
Hi everyone! We have a beautiful Appenzeller Spitzhauben that’s around 10 weeks old. I’m almost convinced it’s a female, but it has some questionable behavior at times. 🤷‍♀️ I’m hoping this is just a breed trait, but what do you think based on the photos? Not the most cooperative bird while taking photos…
Pullet! If the one behind her in picture two is the same age, its a cockerel.

Where did you get her from? Quite a pretty bird!

Which one? The Australorp or the Speckled Sussex?
The SS
They are all from Cackle Hatchery from a surprise box. We have a Black Australorp, Speckled Sussex, Barred Cochin, and the Spitz. The Speck is the sweetest out of all of them.
Cockerels usually are the sweetest and the most heartbreaking... 😕

The SS

Cockerels usually are the sweetest and the most heartbreaking... 😕
That’s ok, we have 6 adult females (2 sex links, 2 EEs, a black laced Wyandotte, and a beautiful Dominique) plus the 5 ‘little ones’ so maybe I can convince my husband it wouldn’t be bad to hang on to (if it turns out male)….as long as it’s not too loud, he will probably agree 🙂

That’s ok, we have 6 adult females (2 sex links, 2 EEs, a black laced Wyandotte, and a beautiful Dominique) plus the 5 ‘little ones’ so maybe I can convince my husband it wouldn’t be bad to hang on to (if it turns out male)….as long as it’s not too loud, he will probably agree 🙂
Not too loud or mean. Never keep mean roosters or cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom