Splash Ameraucana Chick-Pullet or Cockerel?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by speckledhen, Jun 1, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Six weeks old. Any ideas on sex yet? I feel like this one could go either way. Hoping girl since I only hatched two out of six eggs I had and the blue is probably a boy, knowing my luck. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    I agree...it can go both ways but, i am pretty sure its going to be a girl! Good luck with him/her. [​IMG]

3. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I say girl.

4. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Girl

5. speckledhen

[​IMG] Thanks! I hope you're all right about this one. I wanted a splash Orp from my crew for so long and all I ever got were splash cockerels. Was hoping at least the splash Ameraucana was a little girl!

6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Cyn looks like a pullet, but sometimes they are hard to tell. Lisa Cree told me her birds sometimes take a long time to tell the sex.
    I have been talking to my Orpington girls telling them they better give you at least one splash pullet LOL. I have mostly cockerls out of what I hatched from them 75% Id say. So they are due for a bunch of pullets [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

Seems I always got cockerels and sent away my pullet-producing eggs somehow, LOL, so maybe you'll be sending me all your girls. [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Looks like a pullet to me....sending some pullet dust your way!

9. speckledhen

Thanks, Robin. Christina, I know about the late-bloomers. Had one that I would have sworn was a pullet till maybe 12 weeks old by the comb shape, then it began turning pink and shiny saddles appeared. Sometimes they just want to play with your head, LOL.

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Good luck Cynthia! I have some older than yours that I still am not 100% sure on. My roo has a very small comb, so I think that's what's causing the confusion. My araucanas I can tell in no time, but the roo has a bigger comb. [​IMG]

Hope yours is a girl [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by