Splash BLRW? Breed/Gender Help Needed!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    This is a supposed BLRW Wyandotte, around 2 1/2 months old I think. I am SO unfamiliar with this breed lol. Any way to tell if cockerel or pullet? Also, what color is she considered?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. Peppermint

Peppermint Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks like a splash, and definitely a pullet [​IMG]

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I LOVE YOU! ::tackles:: hahaha I am sorry I am SO thrilled. I have never owned a Wyandotte, mine have all been SUPER obvious pullet/cockerel. Thanks for the pullet vote! And thanks for confirming the splash. I am not picky on looks, but she looks different which is GREAT! I am so excited, that is one of my girls new sisters [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] If anybody else votes cockerel or pullet please do respond!

Just got 2 more pullet votes, and 1 cockerel vote. Anybody else care to take a gander? This chick is around 10 weeks old.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  4. Peppermint

Peppermint Chillin' With My Peeps

I absolutely LOVE BLRW, and will be looking for them for my next chicks, so I've scouted out a lot of threads on them! BLRW aren't as popular as GLW or SLW, but if you look in the breeds/gender section on any wyandottes, you'll see that cockerels tend to get pretty darn red combs and wattles (and bigger) by 6-8 weeks of age. Since yours is 10 weeks...I'd say you can feel pretty comfortable that they are girls. Enjoy!

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you for the confidence! I will start reading up on Wyandottes. I am so very excited I may not sleep until Thursday!! I was lucky to find a local woman who has this color, though I hadn't even been aware of this color until she called me.

6. crazy chook

crazy chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    Wow I think she is beautiful! Congrats [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by