1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Splash Cochin Mix Rooster *UPDATED* Found New Home!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BigSkyChickens, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Moderators, pls. lock or delete this post...Cochise found a new home!
    The nice lady picked him up this morning, and my girls were like, "shrug, Cochise who?.....less pecking and more bugs for us!"
    Thanks all! [​IMG]

Cochise the Spash Cochin Roo needs a new home! (*UPDATE* He's not a pure splash as he's got a different comb and yellow legs, but he's a good boy.) I must rehome him by this Saturday. Delivery is included. I'd like to rehome him in Northern Calfornia, but I'm willing to expand the search.
    Cochise is a darling 10 week old who just starting crowing on Sunday. Bought him as a chick at Concord Feed & Fuel on March 14th. He was in with the Blue Cochins. Concord Feed got him from the Privett Hatchery in New Mexico and he has been vaccinated for Marek's.
    He's comfortable around people, yet already protective of the flock. He tries to peck me, but not hard - I always pick him up or grab his beak when he does it. He's been held once a day since chickhood.
    This morning:
    [​IMG]
    As a chick (left):
    [​IMG]
    More detail:
    [​IMG]

Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    He is not pure cochin, he has a rose type comb. He also has yellow legs, they should be slate color.

3. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Oooh, thank you so much - that is good to know. I was wondering about that, since his other cochin flockmates have different looking combs. [​IMG]

4. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    I'm so excited, I just had to update the post - a lady in Oroville might take him! She has 5 acres and needs a roo for her 2 white silkies! That sounds like a good gig for Mr. Cochise.
    Cross my fingers....The Marin Humane Society is the backup plan. They are a really cool org. and they do rooster adoptions.
    I apologize for bumping this thread....just learned what that is...and that I shouldn't be doing it...I won't do it again! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by