Splash CochinXAmeraucana Chicks for sale, Pick-Up Only

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 77horses, Jul 30, 2010.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    (Please Note: Picture is not up to date!)

I have three chicks for sale, pick-up only (in Maine). They were born in June, 2010 and are about 2 months old (a little over 8 weeks). They are a cross between a black Ameraucana hen, named Raven, and a Splash Cochin (standard) rooster, named Foghorn. Basically we call them Blue Easter Eggers. [​IMG]
    All of them are a nice blue color, they have feathered legs and beards, they lay green eggs, and they are very good broody hens. They aren't generally for someone who is looking to buy egg production hens, because the hens often go broody and the eggs are about medium-sized. But they make wonderful pets and have very friendly temperaments. They were all hatched and raised by a broody hen (in fact, the broody hen who hatched and raised them is their foster mother, and also their older sister, and went broody before she reached 1 year of age!) and have been raised around kids and other chickens. Some are fairly shy but once you handle them and get them used to you they can be very friendly and love to cuddle. [​IMG]
    Out of the three, there's suspected to be one pullet and two roosters. I'm only looking for a home where they will be raised as pets, NOT for food! All of our chickens are raised as pets and for egg consumption and we love all of them, and we would really like to see them go to homes where they will be taken good care of and loved by good owners.

Characteristics:
    Friendly
    Docile
    Good foragers
    Lay green eggs
    Hens often go broody
    Hens make very protective mothers
    Can live in hot/cold climates
    Very fluffy, puffy feathering
    Type of comb: rosecomb

The two rooster's names are Marco and the younger one is unnamed. The pullet is named Indigo. Of course, you can either keep these names that we gave them or give them new names.
    The roosters are for $8 and the pullet is for $10. I may also accept other offers if you're interested in paying for another price. No trades please. [​IMG]
    If you would like to see more recent pictures of them all, or if you're interested, please feel free to PM me. Also I will provide pictures of the parents on request.
    You must be able to pick them up only! Once they are already called for, they will no longer be available and I will let you know which ones are still available and which ones aren't.

Thanks!
    -77horses

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Also, we plan on breeding throughout the winter and selling more of these same chicks. So if you're still interested but didn't get a chance to buy any of these chicks, please PM me and I will keep you in mind the next time I have some available. Thanks! [​IMG]

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    do you have any updated pictures?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by