Splash Down, Sparkle, and Nugget at breakfast this morning. Pic

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Nov 10, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Nugget has this look on his face that says: "Mom!!! They aren't leaving me any food!!!!" The two roos next to him are big guys, especially the one on the far left Splash Down, but he towers over them and they are about 3 months older than him I believe.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. KayP

KayP Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    What handsome guys!

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you! I look at the size of Nugget's feet compared to the others and just hope he doesn't plan on growing into them!

4. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    He does look like he is saying that. [​IMG]
    How old is Nugget? I think about him screaming at the skunk, and my RIR roo is big, but afraid of the dark. Such different personalities in all chickens. And people say they are "just chickens". [​IMG]

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I can't remember exactly how old he is, but the two next to him were hatched out in April or May I believe and he was after them. He's a big eater, usually he gets to that hanging feeder first but his two buddies got there this morning and didn't leave a seed in it. I should have gotten a pic of him looking at the empty bowl. I filled it for him and he "purred" at me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by