splash isbar??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by luckydux, Sep 16, 2013.

1. luckydux

luckydux Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    ARKANSAWWW!!
    I believe this hatched as a supposed olive egger but I'm not for sure...are there any signs I could look for to know for sure. I have other OE's so I'm not sure who's laying the green eggs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I dont know, but she sure is pretty!

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Why are you thinking isbar? Did you get her from someone who has them? They're pretty rare..........

4. luckydux

Oct 18, 2012
    ARKANSAWWW!!
    Well I guess she can't be a pure isbar because I haven't set any green eggs. I'm pretty sure where she came from and and that it was an an OE egg.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sounds like probably a marans ee cross, that's the most common oe mix.

6. luckydux

Oct 18, 2012
    ARKANSAWWW!!
    Shes supposed to have a blue isbar roo over marans but I agree its a rare cross

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm confused.. You already knew what she was.

8. luckydux

Oct 18, 2012
    ARKANSAWWW!!
    No..i hatched eggs from a LOT of folks and didn't label anything. I sort of remember which pen this one was in but its still just a guess.

I've learned however that even if you buy a batch of pure breeds doesn't mean they all come out that way. Like that gold duckwing i posted...i believe that came from some wheaten/blue wheaten eggs i bought.

9. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    I don't know what breed she is, but she does look like a splash chicken. Do you know what color egg is she laying? She looks Isbarish, but without knowing I would for sure I would not breed her as an Isbar. Good luck with your pretty pullet!

10. luckydux

Oct 18, 2012
    ARKANSAWWW!!
    I don't have any plans to breed her, I was just curious what she might be. She does look splash but I'm not sure if its feasible to get a splash cross breed. If I were to speculate that she is from a blue Isbar roo over a black copper Marans hen, is it possible?
    I'm also still not certain what sort of egg she lays but I believe its green and speckled

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by