1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Splash Marans Cockerel - SOLD

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by CatKai, Jan 21, 2012.

1. CatKai

CatKai Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2010
    USA
    ~~~~SOLD~~~~

I really hate to let this cockerel go but I have plans for a new project I was not expecting to have. Keeping him means making another coop which I would like to not do. I hatched him from eggs last year from BYC member crfarm. He is clean legged and has some gold on his hackle and saddle feathers. He is crowing, was 20 weeks old on January 19th. I am in the Nevada / Lavon area in North Texas. Willing to meet nearby. Please PM if interested. Photos were taken 1-20-12

He has started courting the pretty Blue Ameraucana pullets he's with. If I don't find a new home for him, there will be eggs available in the Spring to make some pretty Olive Eggers from this pen. PM me if interested, If there is interest in the eggs from a few people, I will go ahead with plans for another coop & keep him.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. RBahmer

RBahmer Chillin' With My Peeps

If I lived closer I would buy him in a heartbeat !!! I have splash girls with no rooster.

3. CatKai

CatKai Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2010
    USA
    I wish you were closer too! I'd be afraid of the weather in transit trying to ship that direction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by