1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Splash Orp, others/$1 ea.for 2 mo. old Chicks(SOLD)/N. Ga.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jun 24, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Splash Orp, Speckled Sussex,Delaware plus others...
    These will be going to the feedstore, possibly tomorrow, and although I hate it, will eat corn in a cage until they're sold. That's all they feed the birds for sale there, but I have no choice.
    The Splash Orpington cockerel is worth the entire bunch combined-he's HUGE! He's from a breeder and will be a nice one.
    I also have 4 Speckled Sussex, one could be a pullet, but I can't guarantee that. Sorry, this is my first year with this breed and some of these were confusing me a little, LOL.
    I have 2 Barred Plymouth Rock cockerels and 1 Barred Rock pullet, but I want $2.50 for the pullet and I'll only sell the pullet if you buy more than one cockerel, sorry. I can use her myself so I'm just using her as bait here, LOL.
    There is one Delaware cockerel left, too, a handsome guy. All these cockerels are being sold for $1 apiece and as I said, the Orpington is worth the entire bunch; buy these and resell them. I'd love for them to go as a group, but will sell less. PickUp/Cash only. Im near the juncture of TN, GA and NC.
    ***I still have three beautiful Ameraucana cockerels from show stock out of California, but I want $5 each for these. Two blues, one black. Very, very nice!
    Imagine these for just $1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  2. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    I'd love to come and get them but it is a little too far to drive for me. Beautiful birds though.
    Looking at your pictures if that is a cockeral Delaware I'm in trouble because I have at least 2 maybe 3 and they were supposed to be pullets! <insert bummed-out>

3. speckledhen

LOL, yep, he's definitely a cockerel. I hatched four, two boys and two girls. A man bought one boy and both pullets and this is the odd man out. He's 9 weeks old now. Hope you have pullets, but if you got them from a hatchery, I know from personal experience that they do make sexing mistakes occasionally.
    Wish you could come get them, too! What part of Ga are you in? We're about 2 hours from Atlanta.

4. speckledhen

Still available, folks. The feedstore is still full up with birds for sale today, so these are here a few more days.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh I wish I was closer, or you could ship. I am currently looking for an Ameraucana cockerel. I have 5 beautifull hens...no Roo. Guess I will just have to look closer to me. Hope all of yours get good homes..they are beautifull!

6. speckledhen

I wish you were closer, too, Deb. I know you would be someone that could appreciate this largest Ameraucana cockerel I have. He is so amazing that I did consider keeping him, but my DH would kill me then torture me, then kill me again if I made him build another pen/coop, LOL. I am totally in love with him-he has a beard so thick and big, he has the head of a chow dog, LOL. I mean the baby rooster, not my husband!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  7. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    I'm in Paulding County. You are a good ways from me. I have too many things on my plate right now and I also made DH make a promise no more chickens so I have to up hold that with the exception of a RIR roo. For a while there he answered every freebie ad and it was just too much.

8. speckledhen

Yep, I know exactly where you are. My DH's family is in Cherokee, Cobb and Paulding. I think it may be two or three hours for you to my place. I get the "put the brakes on" thing, LOL. You have to know when to stop. Not easy with chickens, though!

9. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    I am totally in love with him-he has a beard so thick and big, he has the head of a chow dog, LOL. I mean the baby rooster, not my husband!

[​IMG]:lau:th

chel​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by