Splash Silkie chick died.....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SundownWaterfowl, Jun 17, 2008.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Well, today mamma silkie took her 7 babies out of the coop and walked them around the run. 3 were silkies, and 4 are silver sebrights. They are around 2 weeks old.

Well, I just went and checked on them, and the Splash silkie chick was floating in the water bowl. I feel so horrible. I forgot to take the waterbowl out and put in another chick waterer, besides the one that was in the coop.

I am killing everything this year. I already killed 4 call ducks, they drowned too. I cant believe it.

I loved that little chick to. It was so sweet, and had nice feathered feet, and nice splash coloring.

[​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    :aww I am also very sorry. I love my silkies, too~~even the one that likes to "fight!" & would hate to lose one of them. Things will get better, I am sure.

4. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    sundown i can just say this.......................... you chickies brothers and sisters will be loved, an adored by me. I promise it, and like i promised previously i will send pics. updates and, i'd really like if you'd name one of chicks that hatch from the batch your sendin' me, i'm really sorry, but we all make mistakes, and besides, your chick is hanging out with my Bandit, and shes so broody she tried to hatch a clump of dirt once lol [​IMG] It was a mistake, and all you can do is forgive yourself, and keep going, cause the rest of your animals need you, and i'd hate for them to recieve anything but your 100%............... BIG hugs to you
    [​IMG]

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Thank you very much. I feel really sick. seeing her in the bowl. I will really miss her.

I think that I will let my girls sit on some of their eggs, in a couple weeks, that is if they want to.

6. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    I know and it hurts and its gonna suck, but you know what the only way i found some condolences, was relizing that this ain't the end, you will see her, again, and who knows she could be that little egg thats hatchin right now, lol it was her time and if it wasn't that bowl, it would've been a cat, or a coon or somethin else...

7. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    :aww

Don't be upset. It wasn't your fault.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by