Splash Silkie**new pics**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Bat Cave Silkies, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Now available is this 4mth old, Splash Silkie cockerel. This young man still has alot of filling out to do, but he appears to have great potential. Full cushion, tight wings, crest is full of pin feathers; great toe spacing on his fully feathered feet. Nice dark comb and skin throughout. He is the offspring of a Splash cock over a Blue hen; no other colors have been "mixed" in.

Cost of shipping is $60 which includes a new Horizon shipping box; I line the bottom of the box with rubber shelf liner so that he can maintain his footing on the trip. Watermelon is included so that he remains hydrated and nourished during the trip. Please understand the hazards of shipping live birds; I cannot refund or replace shipped birds. There are a few zip codes which I cannot ship to; please PM me with your zip if you choose to bid. Payment is due within 24 hrs of auctions end, by PayPal only, unless prior arrangements have been made.

Prior to shipping he will be bathed and free of parasites; nails and beak trimmed as needed. He received the Mareks vaccine at hatch. Bat Cave Silkies is a NPIP participant and AI certified.

Feel free to ask any questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. squig2

squig2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2010
    michigan
    could you pos take a full side profile picture of him outside in natural light thanks very much in advance

3. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    squig2~~~if the weather improves here, I sure will......it's been drizzling, snowing, high winds, and temps barely above freezing.....forecast says its suppose to improve though

4. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    squig had requested pic in "natural daylight', since the other pics were taken in the barn...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not a sunny day here [​IMG]

5. ultra1classic

ultra1classic THE FLUFFINATOR

Jul 20, 2009
    Virginia
    He's gonna be a nice boy...great coloring...keep up the great work Sandy

6. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Pretty bird!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] He's so pretty Sandy!!!! [​IMG]

8. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    Sandy he is looking great and should be awesome when he's fully matured. Great job and keep it up!

9. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Thank you'll for all of the compliments

He is actually "Joe's" grandson.....that's why he looks so good [​IMG]

10. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I love the high contrast splash with the very light/almost white background with dark blue/black splashing. Again, this is a difficult genetic balance to achieve. Very nice boy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by