Splash Silkie Rooster... Pick up only in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Elite Silkies, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I also have a black Silkie hen that could go with him.

I also have several 3 month old blues for sale.

Here is a couple of pictures of some of his offspring:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The splash in the middle is his baby:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  2. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Hi Cammy,
    You have such pretty Silkies, but a Splash cockerel is one bird I don't need (I already have one).
    What do you sell your hens/pullets for normally?

I am still looking forward to meeting you and your son sometime [​IMG]

3. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    Oh darn - I'm wanting a splash silkie roo, but I'm in Washington. And my one near disaster with shipping, makes me leery of it also. He's lovely though.

4. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    You have some very nice Silkies! Your family should come to Grace's 4-H Poultry Meeting sometime.

5. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:Thank you very much. I was going to go to the show and was still sick and didn't want anyone else to get sick. At that time I didn't know what was wrong with me, but now I know it's the chickens in the house. Their dander is killing me, lol. I have coughed for 3 months now, but slowly getting them all outside. So, I'll never have them in the house again, that's for sure.

6. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:I have some 4 month olds and haven't had a chance to look them over real good. I am going to take some pictures of them Sunday. I will pm you some pictures of what I do have.

I'll be pretty busy until April 15th (Tax Time) but after that I'll get to meetings, I want my kiddos to get to show.

7. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Sooo pretty. Have I told you how great your grandbabies are looking?

Also--I got an email from Enjaytoo last night. She had taken 2 of your blue silkies I hatched out, and one started crowing yesterday! At 5 weeks old!

Are you growing super-silkies over there?

8. Elite Silkies

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:No, you have not told me how great my grandbabies are doing. Are they getting big?

Crowing at 5 weeks [​IMG] What is she feeding him? Super Grow. Mine are 4 months and only one of them has started crowing about a week ago.

9. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Cammy,
    That is great, thanks [​IMG]
    We will definitely get your kids hooked up with information on local shows [​IMG]

10. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Quote:No, you have not told me how great my grandbabies are doing. Are they getting big?

Crowing at 5 weeks [​IMG] What is she feeding him? Super Grow. Mine are 4 months and only one of them has started crowing about a week ago.

I will get you pics.

I don't know what she's feeding him, but she says "Army guy" (named by her 4 year old) has a definate walnut comb and is actually crowing! She has the brooder in her master bedroom closet, so she's not getting any sleep. I told her I would trade her little soldier out for one of my remaining 2 chicks, but no gaurantees they won't start crowing too! [​IMG]: lau

Mine are a pretty dark blue with some lighter spots on their head and tops of wings. They rule the brooder.

The australorps are super-fugly right now. Like, I had to pick them up and double check they weren't bald or anything. Black feathers under yellow fuzz = mangy looking babies. I was worried for a seck, but the black feathers underneath are SO thick, they make the fuzz look AWFUL. Combine that with long tree legs and long necks.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by