Split Hatchery Order in Santa Clarita, CA area

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Hatching, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hatching

Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2014
    Hi everyone, I'm new and was hoping to start a small backyard flock this year.

Since I really mean a SMALL flock, I'm looking to split a hatchery order with someone, or tag onto someones order. I only want to order about 2 - 4 chicks to start.

I'm looking to order from IDEAL poultry hatchery because they sell pullets in the Std. Cochins

I will pay for my chicks and also half shipping and half of any other shipping charges there may be

Please post or message me if you are interested Thanks [​IMG]

I'm in Santa Clarita 91387

2. snowbunnisub

snowbunnisub New Egg

Jan 1, 2014
    I am in Bakersfield and am going to be moving to Tehachapi soon and am looking to place an order also. I want about 4 chickens. I'm gonna start small. Are you planning to get chicks or eggs or full grown chickens?

3. Hatching

Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2014
    hi. I was hoping on getting chicks. I wouldn't mind getting grown hens or started pullets, the only thing is that I really want buff Cochins and haven't found any :( As for eggs, forget it, I never been able to incubate anything

4. new2chikies

new2chikies New Egg

Jan 11, 2014
    Saugus, Ca
    Hi.. I'm in Saugus. We are looking to add a few more chicks to our flock. Let me know if you're still up to ordering

5. Abandana

Abandana New Egg

Jun 8, 2017
    Hi everyone, my kids got 2 chicks as a gift later we found out Santa Clarita crazy ordinance 15k sq feet per hen, kids insisted we try to alter it through city hall, we posted a thread to see how many people in Santa Clarita area are interested in altering it to allow urban standard house with backyard to keep at least 2 hens. Please help us spread the word or help with advice suggestions. Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by