Split incubation. Need humidity help asap!!

BantamBabesFarm

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 21, 2012
Gloucester, VA
Half of the eggs are only from 4/19/2012

The rest are piping and trying to hatch. Is it okay to raise the humidity to 67% to help the hatchers? Will this harm the others? Also turning off the turner so the ones that are ready can hatch...

Should I move them to another incubator / brooder to hatch out and let the others continue to be on turner + lower humidity??

Thanks!!!

It may be too late to switch the later eggs out. If the others are already pipping it is probably best to leave them alone and hope for the best. I have done something like this once before (putting in eggs a week or so later than others in the same bator) I just marked the later ones and left them alone while the others hatched. They still hatched when it was their time probably would have hatched more but it was ok. Their so early on they may be ok. Good luck!

Thanks. I'm trying to get the humidity to around 60%. I would feel safe at that point. They have been in at 55% the whole 21 days so only raising it to 60% would be an okay middle man I think. The new ones I hope will be okay, and the hatching ones I hope it helps them hatch. I think waiting for them from pip to zip is the worst part of all this!

Back
Top Bottom