split poultry order

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by playswithfowl, Sep 28, 2007.

1. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    I'm going to put in an order to Sand Hill Preservation Center for about 10 bantam chicks, however they said that they will only ship 25 but you can mix guineas or turkeys with the chick order. I am located in Lebanon Oregon but will drive to Sisters, Eugene, Portland, Salem, Lincoln City, Newport or anywhere in between, also will drive to Vancouver Washington. If I don't find anyone I guess I will try to find home's when I order 25 [​IMG]

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Being prepared before starting is the most important thing.... Having said that then, either have enough housing for everyone if you can't find homes, or have places secure for the ones you don't want before they arrive... It causes stress for the flock and you otherwise. Good Luck!

Oh ya, Sand Hill Preservation Center is the place to order from!

bigzio

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  3. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    anyone?

4. Mikesbirds

Mikesbirds Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2007
    Lebanon, Oregon
    Hi, I'm new here, but I am also in Lebanon! (or out towards Lacomb, actually) I have been thinking about ordering from them too. Still interested in splitting?

5. Maddhatter

Maddhatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    When U going to put in the order AJ??

6. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    No, I don't think I am going to split a order still. Sorry, I bought an Incubator and am going to order some bantam hatching eggs.

7. Maddhatter

Maddhatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    cool, Hope you have a good hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by