Splitting Meat Pekin/Turkey/Guinea/Cornish Order in SW MO?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Omniskies, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    It'll still be another month or two before I put in an order for meat birds. I'm wanting some Pekin ducklings, Broad Breasted Whites/Bronze, French Guineas, and Cornish-Rocks to put in the freezer.

If anyone is interested in splitting an order let me know. I haven't decided what hatchery to go with. I can also potentially raise your meat birds with my own if you will pay for feed and toss in a little extra for the time I spend cleaning [​IMG].

Right now my outlandish order looks like this:

100 Cornish-Rocks
    15 BB Turkeys
    15-30 Pekins
    ? French Guineas (They're just too expensive for me to decide. I'll probably just be putting the males in the freezer and keeping back a flock to raise for myself next year.)

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Woah....where in Missouri????? I am North Central Arkansas.

3. Omniskies

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    The Springfield area. About 1.5 hours from Western Grove.

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I would be very interested in seeing what you would charge for the cleaning/upkeep of keeping half the order there for someone else and what the total cost would come to.....this is something I have REALLY been hoping to find. I want to raise meaties but honestly don't have a proper place here.

5. Omniskies

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Sure thing. I'll toss you a PM to sort out the details [​IMG]

6. Omniskies

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Alright, we have two people splitting the order so far. More are welcome. I'm looking at probably going through Privett or Ideal hatchery (leaning toward Privett). The shipping is free so we can over-order a bunch of stuff and get cheaper costs without worrying about S&H evening the price out.

The order will be in the area of March, early enough to not have higher costs due to Easter. I'd like to put the order in at the hatchery before the end of January to make sure these things don't come in mid-June or some such [​IMG]

7. Omniskies

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Bumping this up for anyone else in the area who is interested in splitting an order.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by