Spoiled chicken???

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ddmiddle7, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ddmiddle7

ddmiddle7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    So, last night I made a couple of Cornish Hens for dinner. After we finished eating I decided to let my girls pick whatever they could get off of the bones. Man did they clean them up. There was no meat at all left on the bones after just a couple of hours. Here are a couple shots of the chickens eating some chicken [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After they finished up I went out to pick up all the bones so my dog couldn't get ahold of any of them. I came inside to throw the bones away and left the door open on accident and when I turn around this is what I find waiting for me:
    [​IMG]

It was sooo funny... they always come running to the porch when they hear they screen door squeak. I just didn't expect them to come inside. But my BSL, Henrietta was leading the pack right into my kitchen...she came right on in and gave me this look like, "So this is where you keep the treats?"

Just thought I would share...thought it was funny, although my wife wasn't to happy...[​IMG]

2. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    that's kind of freaky, chickens eating chicken, were the cornish hens part of their flock?

3. ddmiddle7

ddmiddle7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    No, they were store bought, that's the first thing I was asked when I posted this on my FB page, lol...they love chicken...plus it's good protein for them.

4. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    oh [​IMG]

5. happyhappy

happyhappy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Napa, CA
    Great pics, too true, yea my husband would be about the same! Lol

6. HiddenHens987

HiddenHens987 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Nice pictures! Looks like they greatly enjoyed the leftovers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by