1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Spoiled Chickens!? How do you spoil your chickens?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by epeloquin, Oct 18, 2011.

1. epeloquin

epeloquin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    If you're anything like me you sometimes sit back and chuckle at yourself for the things you do to spoil your chickens. I really created monsters! I love that Chobani Greek Yogurt (especially the mango). I usually give my girls plain, cheap yogurt. One day they saw me eating and stood there looking goofy and cute so I shared my yogut with them. They loved the fruit chunks especially. Now whenever I show up with a cup of yogurt they come running and will jump at my spoon. They spoiled part is they only like to eat the fruit chunks off me spoon!!!

My girls will never be eaten...they're spoiled!

How do you spoil your girls?

2. ChickenGirl165

ChickenGirl165 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Melbourne
    Hmmm. I give them watermelon [​IMG] [​IMG] I give them a whole lot of treats and fruit and i [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] them!![​IMG]

3. Christie Loves Silkies

Christie Loves Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

I give my girls/boys
    love and lots of cuddles and I bring them inside all the timeee [​IMG]

4. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Mealworms - they freakin' loooove mealworms; our EE especially, who will leap to great heights/lengths to snatch them from you or get her head in the bag. [​IMG]

5. branston

branston Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Virginia
    Mine get maid service EVERY morning! I love my chickens!

6. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Hand feeding!

I love to interact w/ them so I'll offer them seeds, fruit, meal worms out of my hand. But now if I go outside and dump anything in their treat bowl, they look into the bowl and then back up and me like, We want to be hand fed, Mom. And they just stand there. And it pains me to walk away. But sometimes I have things to do. They eat it eventually because the bowl is empty when I go back out. But if they had their way, I'd sit out there all day long and hand feed them all day long.

They probably want pealed grapes and to be fanned too but can't figure out how to tell me that. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by