Spoiled rotten chickens=happy egg layers!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by areis918, Nov 29, 2014.

1. areis918

areis918 New Egg

Nov 29, 2014
    Our girls are spoiled rotten. My kids snuggle them on the couch and dress them up. The ladies love it. They come running for hugs every morning. Then we have Floofinz the rooster. Pretty sure he thinks he's a kitten. Today we got our first egg from Sherlock! She sang her happy song and came running to tell us! Love these chickens. I have been reading posts from all of you for the last 6 months and couldn't wait to find our first egg, join the site, and share with you all. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Welcome to BYC!

3. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    That's "doing chickens right"! They really do make wonderful, cuddly pets, don't they? I have a few like that out of my eighteen, who adore being held and cuddled. And the eggs are just the bonus!

I loved the photos of the kids snuggled up with their favorites! Thanks so much for sharing!

4. Sustained

Sustained Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Oregon
    [​IMG] Congrats on your first egg!! It looks like a whopper lol mine was a fairy egg but I ran outside in the rain and mud in my brand new socks and pj's to get it because I was so excited :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by