Spoiling my chickens.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Ladga304, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Ladga304

Ladga304 New Egg

Aug 24, 2010
    Lewisburg
    Right now I feed my chickens the pellets as well as give them a treat a day such as apples, oats, cucumber, scrambled egg, and greek yogurt. I coated some food with a little Cod Liver Oil and put a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in their water. I want to avoid medications, chemicals and genetically modified foods. Is there anyone else on here doing that? I want really healthy, happy chickens with highly nutritional eggs. I really want to be 100% organic and environmentally friendly as possible.

I wanted to know how often to give them these treats, and cod liver oil. How much is enough and how frequently?
    Does anyone else do the same for theirs? Anything else I can do for them?

2. bigoakhunter

bigoakhunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Michigan
    You are on the right track!!![​IMG]

I would not do the Cod liver oil every day. But the treats you meantined are Ok... along with ACV in the water. I make buckwheat pancakes in the cold weather with flax seed , oat meal and some blueberries I have picked and frozen added. I make a batch and layer them with wax paper. They love them.

Dave

3. Ladga304

Ladga304 New Egg

Aug 24, 2010
    Lewisburg
    No,...cod liver oil only once a week. I can't beleive only one person has replied...but thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by