Spook, come out, come out, where ever you are!

EmtheFishLady

We're all mad here
11 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Glen, MS
I have brownies! Here Spook! Heeeeeeere Spook!

Anybody seen Spook lately? I'm getting a little overrun with baked goods here.

Last edited:
droolin.gif
I am having a brownie craving now
smack.gif
droolin.gif
ya.gif

Spook has been a very busy Spook.

As I said, the cornfield did not grow this year and the Haunted Corn has
been altered to fit into my private woods. It's been in that corn field for
eleven years.

Big change, and a lot of work.

A completely different layout where almost every prop has had to be altered
or even retooled. In the corn, our power cords were already buried to where
we expected the props to be. So we've been trying to lay out a wood trail according
to several different needs.

Trying to get the most with the least work.

My wood trails are cut wider. Much wider than a simple walking trail through the corn.
At the same time, trying to build in such a manner for the golf carts to pass through
safely, yet be tight enough for walkers. Lot of work to remove the underbrush and briars
along the complete trail.

But this year will also be a first for us in offering golf cart rides for the handicapped. As a
group we're working towards that goal. Lining up additional carts, installing seat belts.
Preparing for the new-to-us hayride that we'll have to use this year. Had to borrow a nice
wagon from a neighboring FFA unit, complete with seating, rails and steps. (Remember when
I told Em my woods were at the top of the hill?) So parking will be in the bottom, with a consession
trailer furnished by Pepsi-Cola, under a pole light. Fresh gravel on the driveway up the hill for the
wagon ride. Unload under another pole light, at the edge of the woods.

When needed, a golf cart will meet anyone at their car. Driven by an "official" monster from the
woods. Complete with a few (free) pictures for that person and their family to remember the day
they met the monsters. My wife and I have been involved in supporting the local Special Olympics,
and they are, as a group, some of the nicest people I know. So we're working a little harder this
year to hopefully make their Halloween a little nicer and give them the chance to experience a
haunted trail.

Meanwhile, we're involved in checking costumes, repairing what needs repaired, replacing what
needs replaced. Building props. Clearing the woods for safety. I think we're all family men, day jobs
and real life responsibilitys. Hard to find time to fit everything in.

Portapottys delivered yesterday, Pepsi trailer delivered today. FFA trailer supposed to be here this
weekend.

There's a lot of behind the scene work involved in having a safe Halloween maze. No small details.
Final week of getting ready. We open Friday, October 7.

So if I'm not on this week, you know I'm somewhere in my woods getting things ready.

Spook the busy

Back
Top Bottom