sporsman bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bantyman, May 10, 2008.

1. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Has anybody here heard of the Sportsman 1202 bator? Any idea about anything at all about them How old they be or if they have problems do they have the good stuff like the 1502 Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i think that is what both my sportsmans r i'll have to look. if it is they no longer make that model but 1502 parts r interchangeable. i'll ask dh tomarrow and mine had papers with it when i bought the one. i think it was an instuction manual. if u need a copy let me know. i'll have dh give ya more details tomarrow for it. i love my bators never hatch in anything else again they r very reliable.
    silkie

3. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey Silkie
    Thank you You have helped on a couple of aspects and I do appreciate it Could you send me a pic if at al possible? Nothing fancy just one of the outside would be fine Just E-Mail me Again thank you
    Mike:weee

4. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    as an added thought the only thing i hate most about it is no window on the doors. this summer i want to modify them with plexiglass.

one thing i hate with the older one is the water for humidity is in a plastic pan on top shelf ya never have enough water so i have a few pans in there. on my other one though it has a bucket sets on top with hose that runs down in to a water pan with a valve. when the ball kinda floats as the water is less it refills it's self. it works kinda how a toilet refills if that makes sence. definately love that about the newer one!! it hold mabe 1-2 gal in a reserve bucket on top rarely have to fill it. the one that doesn't i have to add water everyday.

5. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    woops didn't see ya posted back,lol. pics of what parts do u need? outside don't show much they r mostly wood, most gagits r inside it. and which one the older or newr or both? u r most welcome anytime! glad i can help.
    silkie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by