Sportsman 1502 incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Wtkristy1989, May 20, 2019.

  1. Wtkristy1989

    Wtkristy1989 Hatching

    2
    0
    4
    May 20, 2019
    I recently purchased a used 1502 incubator, plugged it in got it set to temp let it run empty for 3 days. Set eggs and a weekish later went to candle the eggs and got shocked from the latch on the door. I then had my boyfriend go through the unit to make sure there was no short or something wasn’t grounded out properly he couldn’t find anything wrong with the wiring on the unit. He put it all back together and he got shocked from it still. So my question is what is going on with the unit? And what parts or what do we need to fix in order for it to work so I can hatch?

    Thank you!!
     
  2. R2elk

    R2elk Free Ranger

    10,276
    27,961
    1,081
    Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    To the best of my knowledge, the door latches have no connection anywhere to the wiring and are attached to a surface that is non conductive to electricity. My guess is that you have received a static electricity shock. If you approached the incubator from a carpeted area it is very possible that you caused the shock.
     
    Texas Kiki likes this.
  3. Wtkristy1989

    Wtkristy1989 Hatching

    2
    0
    4
    May 20, 2019
    My boyfriend put his wire tester on the whole unit and it was going off
     
  4. R2elk

    R2elk Free Ranger

    10,276
    27,961
    1,081
    Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Contact the manufacturer. The vast majority of the incubator is made of non conductive material which won't carry the charge even if there is a short present. The turner and racks are metal so perhaps look for a short in that area.
     
    mdees88 likes this.
  5. Mosey2003

    Mosey2003 Crowing

    2,668
    3,841
    331
    Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    I would call or e-mail GQF.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: