1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sportsman Dimensions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicks for better health, Jan 19, 2009.

1. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    i am just finishing up the design for my bator and would like to make it so that I can install an auto turner in the future I haven't decided to make it to accept a sportsman turner or a standard smaller turner.

Does anyone have the interior dimensions of a sportsman incubator?

Also does anyone have dimensions of a standard (hovabator, little giant, etc) egg turner

Thanks

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    The HovaBator needs 15 1/2 inches to have clearance for the fan motor that extends a bit past the actual plastic frame of the turner unit. The plastic is 15"x 15"

That is a good idea if you have problems making a turner you could use one or two Hovabator turners and you would be able to hatch 84 eggs.

3. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    Thanks

My plan is to make a turner, but if i get sick of manually turning 3 times a day I will be able to purchase one later

4. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    My 1202 Sportsman inside measurements are:
    Width 14 1/2 inches
    Depth 28 inches
    Overall height 30 inches
    Height of turner space 22 inches
    The other 8 inches at the top is occupied by the heat, fan, and humidity pan etc.
    HTH db

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by