Sportsman Incubator Question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bantamhen66, Feb 26, 2013.

1. bantamhen66

bantamhen66 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2010
    Kennedy, AL
    I just started up my Sportsman 2 days ago. I have some eggs coming in the mail tommorow to put in it. I have never messed with the temperature setting on the incubator. The thermometer is stuck on 97 degrees, but there is no eggs in it. Is this normal? The incubator is about 7 years old.

2. red golden

red golden Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    I have a homemade bator similar to a sportsman. Try closing the vents some and see if that helps. I know on mine if i adjust the vents it adjusts the temp and humidity.

3. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    Could be that the thermometer is old. Try getting a digital thermometer from Walmart or someplace like that. You should be able to turn the dial on the incubator and adjust the temp.

Lanae

4. bantamhen66

bantamhen66 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2010
    Kennedy, AL
    My thermometer is still stuck on 97, but has been hatching chicks wonderfully. I guess i need a new thermometer. I was very worryed about the first hatch. They were high priced English Orpington eggs, and i was tripping LOL. I had a good hatch.

5. rgvchicks

rgvchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    Roma Texas
    hi, i also have a sportsman incubator and started having trouble with my humidity starting yesterday. humidity has been between 90 and 95 wet bulb thermometer. mine has 6 vents on the back 3 on top and 3 on the bottom and have been havint great hatches with humidity at 85 with only two vents working ant the other 4 closed until yesterday that i checked and humidity was sky rocket, i already adjusted the humidity by opening 2 more vents.....check your vents and adjust them to get your temp and humidity as desired.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by