cmom

Hilltop Farm
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I found a Sportsman 1502 incubator with quail racks. Used 3 times for quail and chicken eggs for $500. I know this is a good price. Anyone on BYC use one? I have been using 3 LGs and would like to upgrade.

Last edited:
Lucky you. I have a new one on the way from GQF - well, it's not shipped yet, but I placed the order last Monday and now it's like waiting for Christmas to get here!

From all the research I did, here on BYC and elsewhere, those are the way to go.

I set my first batch into my new Sportsman 1502 two weeks ago. So far everything that goes in fertile has developed. Temperature is maintained very well, and humidity has proven rather constant/simple also. We will see as to the actual hatching, but I am not really worried about it and I most certainly don't miss toying with the little giant.

Quote:
Wow! What's the hold up?? I ordered the Dickey last Monday and had it by Thursday. First batch of eggs cooking by Saturday!

That's a good price for the Sportsman.

The best deal I found when looking around was actually the Dickey, (if you choose) but Smith Poultry Supply had about the best.
Actually, I take that back, Surehatch had a great price too on the 1502, but I called and left a message like instructed and never heard from them.
Which is just as well. It helped me make my mind up on the struggle between the Dickey and Sportsman. lol

Last edited:
We have 3 sportsmans and a GQF hatcher...Love Love Love them! I have never had any trouble with them from the get go. Good luck with your new incubator. I think you will have more trouble trying to figure out where to put all the little fluffies....since it holds more...ya gotta set more!!!

Have fun,
Christie
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
and they just keep comin'

Quote:
Wow! What's the hold up?? I ordered the Dickey last Monday and had it by Thursday. First batch of eggs cooking by Saturday!

That's a good price for the Sportsman.

The best deal I found when looking around was actually the Dickey, (if you choose) but Smith Poultry Supply had about the best.
Actually, I take that back, Surehatch had a great price too on the 1502, but I called and left a message like instructed and never heard from them.
Which is just as well. It helped me make my mind up on the struggle between the Dickey and Sportsman. lol

I have a sportsman 1202 and a Dickey, I LOVE my sportsman, not so much the Dickey and it is only a year and a half old. It clinks too much and I have issues with holding correct humidity... a constant battle for me down here. lol. The sportsman is awesome , I just set it and forget it.... well, close to that anyway....

I have a sportsman 1202 and a Dickey, I LOVE my sportsman, not so much the Dickey and it is only a year and a half old. It clinks too much and I have issues with holding correct humidity... a constant battle for me down here. lol. The sportsman is awesome , I just set it and forget it.... well, close to that anyway....

Really? I have only had it set up for a few days now, but my humidity (and temps for that matter) are solid as a rock. I will agree, it does seem somewhat noisy.​

I didn't buy the Sportsman 1502 in my original post, but did find a used, in very good condition Sportsman and bought it.

IMG_2910.jpg

Back
Top Bottom