1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sportsman incubator

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bantyman, May 10, 2008.

1. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    I might be in the wrong place and I apologize for it but there are more people here than just about anywhere else and thought I might get an answerhere a little faster But anyway Has anybody ever heard of a Sportsman 1202 bator? If so how old are they and do they have all the good stuff that is on the 1502 Any help on this will be deeply appreciated Thanx:D

2. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    No idea, but you might try posting this in the "incubating and hatching" section, think you'd get more replies there.

3. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    I have one and love it. The only diff is the computer on the new sportsman and you can add one for around $70.

4. bantyman

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Are they insulated well and whats the cabinet made of Is it made like the 1502? Have never heard or seen this model and am real curious about it

5. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i have pics of my older style one on photobucket but it is late and i'm beat will find them tomarrow for u. got to be up early tomarrow with 5 kid's lol. the newer style i have of same model i don't think i have pics of will try to get some pics of it for u as well.
    silkie

6. GaHermit

GaHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Hoboken Ga
    Neither have insulation. Both are made of plywood. used the 1200 line sales for about $250 in top shape used. The 1500 line Sales for about $350 top shape used.

7. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    where is your reference
    do you have a site

8. bantyman

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    No there is no reference just talk from some friends of mine and am just trying to find out about them Pretty much have figured out they are the same thing as the 1502 just with a updated computer Kinda like a prototype to the 1502

9. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Mine is made of plywood and holds temps rock sold. I had a 5 hour power outage and it did not even slow the hatch down. The temp only droped by 5 deg. I have a friend who has a new sportsman and after looking at mine would not hesitate to buy one. It works just as well as hers.
    I will be putting the computer in mine here in a month or two. As soon as I can stop hatching for a couple weeks. LOL

By the way if you go to the GQF website there is complete instrutions there on the 1202.

Last edited: May 11, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by