Spot on liver

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tnjen, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Tnjen

Tnjen New Egg

Dec 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

Found there spots on my chicken's liver. Also these white balls inside her. Any clues what they are?

2. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    I would suggest that you post this in the "Emergencies" etc section...I am sure that "casportpony" will be able to help you !

Welcome to BYC!

3. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    I will pm casportpony for you...she is wonderful at diagnosing problems and she does her own necropy's!

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    That looks like cancer maybe?

-Kathy

5. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Thanks Kathy..

What do you think the large "white" balls are ? Maybe some internal laying issues ?

I am interested in this...

6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    If they were free floating, probably egg.

-Kathy

7. Sue Gremlin

Sue Gremlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2013
    Wow. Interesting. That looks like it could be lymphoma (leukosis). I am not sure if the abdominal masses are related, but it would make sense. This is a transmissible virus, a retrovirus. Kind of a bad actor. Not saying that is what it is, no way for me to tell you that, but I'd do some digging. I would talk to a veterinarian about this if you have other birds.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Did she pass away, or did you butcher her?

9. Tnjen

Tnjen New Egg

Dec 23, 2014
    I butchered her. The white balls are soft and squishy like balls of fat, but I don't think that is what it is.

10. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    You might want to send the pictures to an avian pathologist and see what they say, that's what I do.

Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by