spot the fake??

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
picked up 2 supposed araucanas today (but i feel these are too big to be pure so must be crossed with something)

both laid an egg today...one blue, one white!

so who's the fake? will i be able to tell without splitting them up? they both have a whitish earlobe with a sort of shimmery blue sheen to them..

100_6993.jpg

100_6992.jpg

100_6991.jpg

please note - i am from belgium and we have different standards for araucanas than in other parts of the world
smile.png

Last edited:
There is a Reason Easter Eggers are called Easter eggers is because they can lay All colors of eggs
smile.png
So, She's not nesassarily a fake, just an EE that lays white eggs... As for telling, You'd have to split them up to see which lays what eggs...

The "fake" is the one with the upright tail on the right. She's got an almost single looking comb, while the other has a very definite pea comb, she's got smaller muffs, she has a much lesser quality of a BBR/Duckwing color, possibly not even full duckwing, and her earlobes look much bigger and whiter than the other.

Quote:
The OP is from Belgium. Much different standards. The bird on the left is likely NOT an Easter Egger.
wink.png

Quote:
we dont have EE's here in belgium, all chickens that lay blue/green eggs (or carry the gene) are classed as araucanas(!) they could have muffs, tufts, tails or no tails...itd still be classed as araucana here
smile.png
(which is a shame as i love EE's and would love to call them ee's, but no, they are araucanas)

illia, thank you for your input....
smile.png

Quote:
The OP is from Belgium. Much different standards. The bird on the left is likely NOT an Easter Egger.
wink.png

A Friend from Sweden Breeds EEs silly pants
wink.png

sweden is not belgium silly pants
wink.png

Neither of them are Araucanas. Araucanas don't have beards and muffs, they have ear tufts. Araucanas are, ideally, rumpless (tailless). What you have are two lovely Easter Egger hens. EEs are often advertised as Araucanas or Ameraucanas but are actually a cross that lays usually a green or bluish egg but can lay any color. EEs come in a wide variety of and normally have beards, muffs, and greenish legs. They are good egg layers. Enjoy them.

ETA... sorry didn't see where you were located.

Last edited:
Quote:
Again,
roll.png
The OP is from Belgium!

Europe has different standards from us. You'd think an Araucana BREEDER here would point that out earlier.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom