1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

spot the mistake please !!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lucyharper123, Jan 25, 2013.

1. lucyharper123

lucyharper123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    well all of my hatchies are always below 50% hatch rate and now im fed up! at the start of my incubation i have my steady temps of 37..5 degrees celcius and 50-55%humid day7 i candle and mark air bag,day14 i candle and mark air bag and day 18 i candle mark air bag, rase the humid to 65% and stopped turning when they pip i leave them soon as the chick hatches i take it out and put it in the brooder , i've looked into the dry incubation methode but it too confusing :S caanyone help me rase my hatch rates . i've just put another 23 eggs in the bator. also my incubator is a king suro 20 fully automatic inccubator so it tturns the eggs for me and i cann change the humid/ttemps really easily thanks :)

2. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Unless you are incubating in a dry desert, you need to lower that humidity pronto. I keep my humidity at 30-35% until day 18. I only raise it to 65% when they are right on the verge of hatching. Sounds to me like you are drowning most of them.

3. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Sorry for the double post, my iPad double posts randomly. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. CluckAcres

CluckAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Silver Lake, Indiana
    I keep my humidity at around 30% day 1-18 then stop turning and bump humidity up to around 65% the last 3 days. Hard to tell you what all could be happening with your hatches without seeing your incubator and how it is set up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by