Spots on comb?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by This_chicks_place, Jul 7, 2011.

1. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Hi My rooster seems to have some black spots on his comb that I haven't seen on him before. They just appeared yesterday and there are more today. They are black spots and some that seem to form a line. Is it pecking or something else? If you can help that would be appreciated. Thank You in advance

2. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    When I first saw the title of the post, I thought favus. But since you say the spots form a line, I'm not sure. However, it could be pecking. Could you post a pic?

Sorry, took me forever to get my link right! Take a look at this fowl pox info. https://www.backyardchickens.com/LC-diseases-AvianPox.html

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Could he have gotten pecked by other chickens? It could be fowl pox, mosquitos carry it. A photo would help.

4. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    He could have gotten pecked, but I haven't seen that happen so I'm not sure. His spots do not look like the pics from the link you sent me. I'll try to get pics tomorrow. If anyone has any other thoughts....
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by