Spotted Chinese goose? or what?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by annabell254, May 21, 2012.

1. annabell254

annabell254 Chirping

May 21, 2012
    south Ga
    Sorry I posted this on another thred as well....I'm still new to this! I got some Chinese geese last year and they were white and Grey mixed...so my question is, is this normal or do they have another breed of geese in them? and if so what? I have never seen a splashed goose before but LOVE my girl....does this happen when you mix a white and a brown Chinese goose or do you also have to have the pattern gene from somewhere....If a white and brown goose breed will the babies be either white or brown or can they be both like my girl?[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry that I am unable to answer your questions, but have to say I LOVE that picture. [​IMG]

3. flockman

flockman Songster

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I am not an expert so maybe someone else would no the answer. I thought that your goose looks like a cross of white and brown chinese.

4. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Songster

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    I just hatched 12 Brown & White mixed Chinese Goose eggs one of my babies is grey & white,So maybe....

5. ElizabethAz

ElizabethAz In the Brooder

Apr 7, 2012
    Az
    I have seen several Chinese geese that have been crossed to Toulouse Geese that looked exactly like that. I would say that yes its most likely a mix...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: