Spotted toes?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Dray67, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Dray67

Dray67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Aberdeen, MD
    Ok im a chicken newbie but not new to genetics. I picked up six, 3 week old Black Americauna chicks tonight that were sired by a lavender Rooster. 3 of the chicks have the bark blue gray feet and all black feathers. The other 3 have pink spots on the toes and a few white feathers. Any ideas what i have? Some hidden recessive< is if from being split for lavender? Splashed? There are straight run, not sexed hoping for one good laying hen. the rest will go back the the breeder.
    Dave

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Hi, and [​IMG] If you post photos people will have a much better idea what you are talking about. Split lavender does not cause pink toes. I have a split lav pair and both of them have shiny black feet. They are blue birds.

3. cubakid

cubakid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Alot of black breeds have other colors on the pads(bottoms) of there feet. Like my sumatras have black feet and legs but their pads are to be yellow. Same with my australorps, they are to have pink pads. is this what you mean by your foot color question. and the same with australorps as many black chickens (your americanas) have white in them when they are younger. Just trying to help with my experiences.

4. Dray67

Aug 27, 2010
    Aberdeen, MD
    [​IMG]
    This is was i am refering to. Normal for a Black Ameracauna?

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I'd say not normal for black. I think black should have black feet, for sure the tops of their feet. Nice clear pics!

6. Dray67

Aug 27, 2010
    Aberdeen, MD
    This chick has lots of white tipped feathers and white feathers in the beard. It also tured out to be hook beaked!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  7. TheFeatheredTempest

TheFeatheredTempest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2010
    NW Illinois
    I have a silkie chick who hatched just like that, pink toes and a few white feathers. About three weeks in age now and looks like its going to be a cuckoo (the father was a cuckoo). Then again.......it's still early.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by