Spraddle leg on 7 week old

chix4lyfe

Chirping
Jul 10, 2020
Hello! Our chicks are 7weeks old. Our last chick was hatched a couple days later than everyone else. A couple weeks ago one of his legs was being weird so when we left to go camping, we left him with our friends. He got worse and now it looks like spraddle leg for sure, is there anything i can do to fix it this late?

If you can post a picture of the chick standing with it’s legs from the front or back may help. Even if you have to hold it up seeing the leg position while standing on a flat surface can help. Leg bone deformities (varus or valgus deformity, twisted legs) are common in chickens, and may worsen with time. There could have been an injury or a tendon problem as well.

If you can post a picture of the chick standing with it’s legs from the front or back may help. Even if you have to hold it up seeing the leg position while standing on a flat surface can help. Leg bone deformities (varus or valgus deformity, twisted legs) are common in chickens, and may worsen with time. There could have been an injury or a tendon problem as well.
CCFDD5C6-4991-45D5-B14D-7EFB5CDBAFD5.jpeg
2EDBA2EF-1C8E-4019-8D93-C07129546B59.jpeg

He can't stand, he was doing fine but then a couple days ago he got really bad. Not positive if it is splayed leg or not

What happened to how your chick developed or worsened? I have a 6-week old chick that overnight developed this spraddle or paralysis, and I'm now wondering if it's a fixable issue or if, worst case, it's an early sign of Marek's.

Back
Top Bottom