Spraddle Leg

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by shawnellabella, Jan 1, 2014.

1. shawnellabella

shawnellabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2013
    Winlock, WA
    So, I posted in November about a cockerel with spraddle leg and his toes are spread out and he stands good but is still wobbly, when do I remove the splint? [​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    when you change it have you let him try going without it for a couple hrs? they grow pretty fast. when in november did it go on and how bad was it?

3. shawnellabella

shawnellabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2013
    Winlock, WA
    It
    It started in November and it was so awful he could hobble after a few days but his feet were at his sides and his face was laying on the ground and yeah I let him wander when it's changed, but it seems like when I do it got back to the way it was again and I didn't know if he was getting any better or not he's due for a change which will probably tomorrow since he is already asleep

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    early november or late? seems like a long time to have it on.normally growing chicks are fixed in a couple weeks but with the severity of his i can see it taking a little longer but not over a month. i just wonder if his tendon is slipped rather then just spraddled ?

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by