Spraddle Legs Question!!! Please help me!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ChickenChik, May 21, 2010.

1. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    So I have a little chick that hatched on Wednesday! He was stuck in his shell so I eventually had to help him out (he had been in there over 36 hours). After I pulled him out he seemed a little weak. There was another chick that I had to help and he is healthy and happy. But this one little guy has spraddle legs so I braced them yesterday afternoon with bandaids and I have been putting him in a shot glass for an hour at a time. Is there anything else I should do? Bedding opinions? and how long should it take to see improvement in the little guy? I have fed him yogurt and he seems to love it but still can't stand up. PLEASE HELP ME AND MY BABY![​IMG]

2. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I don't know how to help but I hope your chickie gets better!

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Keep him on paper towels, puppy pad or an old bath towel in the brooder bo. May take upto a week for the spraddle leg to mend.

4. ChickenChik

ChickenChik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Kinsey, Alabama
    He hatched Wednesday. He is trying to stand and he can stand on his own for a few seconds on his own! Is this normal? We had a few friends that raise chicks and they told us there is no chance that he would live but I don't give up that easily but that was such a discouragement to me. Please tell me that he has a chance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by