Spraying duck eggs

Mollyblooms8

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2020
Hey everyone,

I was wondering when I start cooling and spraying my duck eggs.
I’ve looked online and some say start at day 14, some say sooner...
what do you guys recommend?
Also, what is a good number of minutes to cool the egg before spraying and then placing back in the incubator?

my ex hatched a batch of duck eggs once and never did any of that .. most of them hatched and that woman could kill anything trust me ...

Hey everyone,

I was wondering when I start cooling and spraying my duck eggs.
I’ve looked online and some say start at day 14, some say sooner...
what do you guys recommend?
Also, what is a good number of minutes to cool the egg before spraying and then placing back in the incubator?

HI! I just hatched 3/3 duck eggs. I did read about that online, but didn't do it. I would take them out to candle the eggs which allowed them to cool down a bit. and every few days I wet my hand and let a few drops drip on the eggs. Just make sure too keep the humidity up and keep them warm. I cooled them 2 times a week after day 8, but I don't know if that's necessary.

Good luck!

-Jessica

HI! I just hatched 3/3 duck eggs. I did read about that online, but didn't do it. I would take them out to candle the eggs which allowed them to cool down a bit. and every few days I wet my hand and let a few drops drip on the eggs. Just make sure too keep the humidity up and keep them warm. I cooled them 2 times a week after day 8, but I don't know if that's necessary.

Good luck!

-Jessica

Awesome, thanks Jessica I’ll try that!
I’m on day 3 so I have a bit to go but I’ll give it a shot!
I’ve got my temp at 37.5c and humidity at 55%

Molly

Back
Top Bottom