Spring Chick Fling Chickenstock in Ma May 19th 2012

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by shay20, Jan 18, 2012.

1. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Spring Chick Fling Chickenstock
    Date = May 19th 2012
    Time = 9am - 1pm - set up time 8 am
    Where = Ingleside Farm Shay's Showbirds
    Address= 181 Fitchburg rd , Townsend Ma 01469 RT 13
    contact me for more information here or at [email protected] or text to 978/413/7672

in order to sell poultry from this property your flovk must be tested by the state you live in, so please have a copy of the heslth certificate, testing goes for chickens, hatching eggs, peafowl, pheasants and guinea's, waterfowl does not need to be tested neither do rabbits or quiel, thank you. Come all and enjoy a day of chicken fun! [​IMG]
    come buy sell or trade, or even just come to hang around and meet more chicken BYC'ers and talk chicken. [​IMG]

there is no set up fee
    Free food for all

this is a potluck, bring your favorite dish to share

o we are makeing rice and beans, sweet and spicy meatballs and grilled bbq chicken tamberlen is bring brownys
    There will be raffles, door prizes.
    /p>

raffle items - 50lb whole corn, plant, gardening kit and more
    If anyone has anything they would like to add for activity please do put a suggestion here or you can pm me, teh more fun the more maryer.

You can bring chickens, rabbits, caged birds other small animals, (big animals please contact me first) , home made jellies, all kind of crafts, bring your pet items, bring your yard sale items.

No sick animals are allowed on property, if any appear to be sick showing signs of sickness you will be ask to leave the property.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Yikes--I need a calendar! It's January, the end of January and I must get a calendar asap just for my chicken stuff!

Thanks SHay20 for keeping us updated and planning ahead.

3. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    well, it looks like i might have a bantam cuckoo marans cockerel if anyone is interested. right now it is just over 2 weeks old but it's feathering out slower than my bantam faverolles pullet who is nearly feathered out in her back and chest! it is still early but the coloring and slow feathering on the marans is pointing to it being a boy. [​IMG]

4. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    Hi Shay,
    If I have extra tomato plants or perennials, can I bring those?
    Thanks,
    Deb

5. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Yes you sure can [​IMG]

6. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Shay20,

I have a few grow out pens that need thinning. As i'm still new to chickens, and still learning the ropes, do the birds need testing before coming to this event. Or is it the honor system of no sick birds?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  7. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    The honor of no sick birds [​IMG]

8. GardenerGal

GardenerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh goodness, I have wanted to go to at least one of these shindigs for the past year but something always came up and I had to give up my Chickenstock plans. [​IMG]

This year I'm gonna do it. I refuse to miss out on the fun anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

9. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I hope no one minds me posting this here, as the chat thread was closed. I also wanted to post here where friends could see, instead of a generic post in Pets & Livestock.

Anyone who has met me at a swap has certainly met my crazy kids, and my ever present fuzzy sidekick Dutch (my avatar, and the source of my username). Sadly Dutch will no longer be attending swaps with me. We lost him tonight. And I miss him.

RIP Dutch 11/27/1997-3/1/2012

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  10. vnsseed

vnsseed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Sorry to hear.... [​IMG]

He is in a better place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by