Spring cleaning!?!

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
OK, we are dismantling the decorations and the pine needles got everywhere! So I am moving things trying to get up the needles and next thing I know there is a ladder involved and I am vacuuming the window ledges, and taking down curtains, and moving furniture......

I hadn't planned on spring cleaning today, but looks like I'm doing it!

Does anyone else think their chicken habit creates more dirt in their house?? I swear I track more dirt though this house! No matter changing my shoes, it still seems like my house is dirtier than the houses of people who don't have chickens.

It's hard to think of "Spring Cleaning" since we just had a foot of snow dumped on us. And yes, I do have a big bucket of christmas decorations in the middle of the back room and I did track mud all over when I got the ducks fresh water
tongue.png

I know that I have weird stuff turn up in my pockets, now. Mini bungee cords. Latches for coop doors. Oats. Alfalfa cubes. Straw and shavings. Eggs (sometimes whole....sometimes not) syringes and caps. Screws of varying sizes....wirecutters and/or little pieces of leftover wire. Plastic ties and twisties... and the list goes on....

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Does anyone else think their chicken habit creates more dirt in their house?? I swear I track more dirt though this house! No matter changing my shoes, it still seems like my house is dirtier than the houses of people who don't have chickens.

I just blame the cats. No one has yet asked how indoor cats drag in dirt from the yard.
Imp​

I wouldn't notice the chicken dirt tracked in because of the dirt and hay that come in from taking care of the horses! The only reason I don't have poopy mud all over the house is because the barn boots stay outside on the porch.

I'm about to be in the same boat cleaning up Christmas tree needles though--took the ornaments off today and tomorrow it will be the lights and taking down the tree itself.

OK so something I did must have stirred something up because we have bugs galore and last night while I was cruising BYC I spotted a mouse!!!

What the hey!?!?! You all are NOT welcome in my house!! Out!

How do I get rid of bugs and mice without endangering children, dogs and chickens!!!?????

Back
Top Bottom