Spring Coop Moving Day (Added a pic)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ARose4Heaven, Mar 31, 2011.

1. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    I have been waiting to post my story, but just can't wait anymore. We decided (or rather I decided) to move my small coop! Not a small task, since it started out life many, many years ago as a huge hog feeder. When we moved here, It was set directly on the ground, and the skids were pretty well rotted under it. But I put in a lot of woman-hours and restored most of it in 2009. This Spring, DH finally moved it for me.....................

Please look at my BYC page to see the story and pics. I am quite proud of what we've done on a $0 budget. Now I just wait for some $ so I can get paint and go pick up the rest of my supplies from an old mobile home my Mom dismantled.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. pimachickens

pimachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Tucson
    What a lot of work, but great job! [​IMG]

3. PapaChaz

PapaChaz Overrun With Chickens

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    very nice! thanks for sharing that with us! keep us posted on the progress please

4. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    No whimpy ramp for my meatbirds! I always envision them jumping off the side and breaking a leg.

I built them a stairway, with chicken sized steps. I already have a narrower version on my big Hen House, so I know chickens will use it. My big girls wait in line to get to use theirs!!!

Still waiting on a paint budget, but I'll get there.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by