Spring fever anyone? Chicken wise that is lol

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hotwings, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I know it is only January but I am already getting Spring fever chicken wise that is. I am eagerly awaiting the new spring chicks in the feed store and maybe hens going broody too! And thoughts turning to expermenting with turkeys this year!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'll have it when I walk into the feedstore in two weeks when her first shipment comes in from Ideal. Mind you, I don't need anymore chicks from there because I have my own operation going, but it reminds me of every school year when the air was turning crisp and I got my new supplies and fresh notebooks. Kinda puts a zing in my step when I hear all the peeping!

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I've got the shakes waiting for Feb.15 to get here, that's when our feed store will start getting them in.

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Are you kidding? The big show in Stockton is coming up this weekend and I have been making contacts, etc to get some excellent breeding stock. I've got chicks hatching tomorrow and am getting ready to order more eggs. After that, if all goes well, I will be hatching a set from the breeders I am buying at the Stockton and Fresno shows. By then the local feedstore should get their first shipment from Belt Hatchery and I will be in there drooling over the brooders full of fuzz butts. Isn't it only January??

5. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    I feel yer pain Hotwings. This thaw we got has me making plans.... and than the Burpee catalog is in my hands... and I did want Turkeys last year....and the credit card has'nt reached its limit yet..... [​IMG]

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    the credit card has'nt reached its limit yet.....

you go girl, CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!

7. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    [​IMG]

8. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Feb 11 is when my chicks will be here. It feels like forever but it will be here before I know it.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's the day I mail out your next batch of Blue Orps, too, Adam! You'd better get that breeding coop soon, buddy-I think you're running out of room!

10. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I'm getting the hatching fever, but I said I can't till February! I think I have a broody silkie--I'm watching her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by