1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Spring FEVER!!!! Chick Days starting Monday!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ChooksChick, Feb 12, 2011.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I just heard from my local feed stores, and they're looking for chicks in the mail this week!

I hatch every week, and I always have tons going on, but somehow the fervor and henthusiasm get to me when they come in from hatcheries and everyone else has the same giggly stupor. I guess I like to be free to be a silly chicken lady in public with other silly chicken people.
    [​IMG]

2. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Woohoo!! I drove two hours two weeks ago to get some chicks from Cyn, and am ordering some for a neighbor tomorrow. Plus looking for tons of hatching eggs and a bator, and a new coop. LOL! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Aaagh!! Orscheln just confirmed via Twitter that they're getting their set-ups ready for impending CHICK DAYS!!

Woohoo!!!
    [​IMG]

4. Kat'sChicks

Kat'sChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Minonk, IL
    Everybody get ready to refresh your chicken math! [​IMG]

5. maclady

maclady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Lost in Space
    OK gotta say I didn't believe in chicken math when I heard about it. New to chickens. The more I read and learn from here though the more I want other chickens to try and raise other the the Buff Orpingtons I pick up on Saturday. I guess the chicken fever is catching. I'm going to go work on my coop. It is still in the build process in my garage! Maybe I need to make a extra or make it bigger. Wonder if hubby would notice?

6. kidd42

kidd42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Just picked up 8 new chicks at the feed store today. 3 Leghorns, 2 Silkies, 2 game hens, and an Austrolorp. This will double my current 2 year old flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by