1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Spring has almost sprung

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by tattmom, Feb 19, 2016.

1. tattmom

tattmom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2015
    Well spring has almost sprung here in the small town of Bradford Pennsylvainia. The husband and I are sitting in the living room planning out our coop, looking a chickens and wondering how many of each ducks and chickens we are going to get. Right now its a toss up and depends on what out local tractor supply has to offer. :hugs

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Make your coop bigger than you think you'll need...chicken math can take hold at any minute, lol. Have fun planning and selecting your chicks!

[​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Remember to figure in Coop - 4-5 sq.feet per bird (chickens) and run - 10 sg.feet per bird. Chickens get very nasty when overcrowded - bullying, feather plucking, and at extremes cannibalism. Plus: flimsy poultry wire only keeps chickens inside does nothing to keep predators out. 1/2" hardware cloth is the gold standard for replacing chicken wire.

4. 7littlegirls

7littlegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Enjoy picking out your feathered friends :cd

5. tattmom

tattmom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2015
    Well the coop has four walls ( kind of )... A window and a door way. Going tommorrow to get our baby feathered friends. Getting more material for the coop this weekend. Have the run all planned out.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I hope you'll share some photos of your birds and coop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by