Hilly78

Songster
Dec 4, 2016
Sidney NY
Hello everyone. I wanted to share my list of available breeds for Spring 2018. If interested reply here or in a personal message. Most breeds come from show quality lines. However what you will hatch be be a nice quality from the line but it is entirely up to you to determine which birds to keep a nice line going. I am asking $55 for 12+ eggs of all breeds and this includes priority shipping.
-Dominique
-Black & Blue French copper Marans
-Buff Laced Brahma
-Serema
-Bantam Speckled Sussex
Thank you :)

Hi, are you NPIP certified and where will you be shipping from?

You say show quality lines... have you won any awards and with which birds? How closely related are your parent stock?

What is your own personal fertility and hatch rates?

$55 isn't too bad including shipping.

Any picks of your parent stock or hatched chicks? Specifically your Marans and Sussex?

Good luck! :fl

Hi, are you NPIP certified and where will you be shipping from?

You say show quality lines... have you won any awards and with which birds? How closely related are your parent stock?

What is your own personal fertility and hatch rates?

$55 isn't too bad including shipping.

Any picks of your parent stock or hatched chicks? Specifically your Marans and Sussex?

Good luck! :fl
Hello and thank you for the questions. Yes I am NPIP and I will be shipping from NY. When I say show quality lines I mean my birds have come from birds best in breed/ reserve etc. I have not actually shown them myself. The lines especially Dominique are kept as close to SOP as possible. My Doms are from three different lines and I have my own line now. Several hens won awards before given to me.
My Marans come from Greenfire lines and a gentleman who has won shows for the blue and blue copper. Also the eggs for the colors. Not in darkness but I'm shape and overal color.
I have had excellent fertility in the past but at this point they just are not laying it's entirely too cold. Happy to send some set pictures. They are suffering pretty hard right now due to the below zero temperatures.

Some pictures of my blue, black,Dominique and serema Screenshot_2018-01-04-13-51-10.png Screenshot_2018-01-04-13-50-30.png Screenshot_2018-01-04-13-50-38.png 20171221_135646.jpg Screenshot_2018-01-03-21-43-21.png

I don't know why it didn't occur to me but I have plenty of pictures on my page:
https://www.facebook.com/hillyshens/
Your flock is very pretty. :love

Frozen eggs must be a bummer. I know it's off topic, but what do you do with them?

Do you know how many generations ago was the original Greenfire stock? Or in other word what generation is yours?

The Speckled Sussex bantams are the ones I'm most interested in. Do you know how many eggs per week they lay for you? Is it with or without extra light? How closely related are your parent stock for this breed? Do you do any culling for faults or things like comb sprigs and split wing or wrong shank color in your parent stock? How long have you been working with this particular breed?

I know it's a lot of questions... I've learned my lesson about not asking the correct question the hard way. :hmm Hopefully it will benefit others as well.

I do appreciate your time and answers! :pop

Thank you for your questions. My sussex are hatched from eggs and only my 1st generation. I do look for proper leg color no split wing and also looking for too much white on the wing and tail. I try and follow the standards. If you are looking for an exemplary breeder of Sussex I am not that person. I remove any birds that I feel aren't in the standard and they become yard birds or a pet for someone else. I hope this helps you in some way. :)

Thank you for your questions. My sussex are hatched from eggs and only my 1st generation. I do look for proper leg color no split wing and also looking for too much white on the wing and tail. I try and follow the standards. If you are looking for an exemplary breeder of Sussex I am not that person. I remove any birds that I feel aren't in the standard and they become yard birds or a pet for someone else. I hope this helps you in some way. :)
Yes, helpful. I'm not quite there yet. But I would totally purchase from someone who openly disclosed their imperfections! :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom