Spring must be around the corner!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by itsmechrissy, Feb 6, 2012.

1. itsmechrissy

itsmechrissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    My girls are squatting for me again (well, all but one of the 4 hens) and I got two eggs this weekend, first eggs the girls have produced in weeks!!! Yippee!!!!

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

:yesss:

Congrats!

How old are your hens? My two year old hen has been laying since Mid-January. Not sure why. She stopped laying from Oct - Jan.

I can't wait for spring! :love

3. itsmechrissy

itsmechrissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Thanks! The girls were born 3/23/11 so they are just over 10 months old. I only have 4 hens and was getting 2-3 eggs a day before November, then dropped to 2 a week but when the snow fell it dropped to zero and we had a couple really cold weeks where the girls pretty much stayed in their coop (still no eggs). Then it warmed up! My ladies have been roaming the yard again and I was actually fearing that they'd found some new spot to lay...but found two eggs in the coop this weekend ...they are such good girls!

This has been a very mild winter for Wisconsin and the snow is all gone now, days are getting longer and I'm hoping it stays that way!

4. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Congrats!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by