1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SQ Bantam Bared Rocks, I can ship(SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by L&Schickens, Jan 29, 2009.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    OK, so I am trying this again.
    No one has dibs on them so I am starting over. Who wants them?? [​IMG]

I have 4 Bantam Barred rocks that are show quality. One of the hens rooster got best variety and the roo got reserve variety at a show we took them to in December. They would make a great 4-H or FFA prodject. They are very friendly birds and laying right now.

$45 + $65 (Overnight express) shipping Pay Pal only and can ship them Monday.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    So it's a roo and three hens?

3. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Yes, a roo and 3 hens.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    UGH!!! [​IMG] If only I had money now!! [​IMG]

5. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    L&S would it be to cold to ship them to Ga.? I might be interested. (I've never had live chickens shipped to me)

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Barnyard isn't getting them now?? I'm interested. [​IMG]

7. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:Nope. She has no money.

They will be in 2 boxes with 2 birds each box. The boxes will be taped together. There is not a lot of room and the air holes are now sealed with the required "Filter" [​IMG] so I am sure they will not freeze unless left outside for days or something. I will put the phone number on the box so when they arrive at their destinations main post office they will call the new owner and let them know they have chickens to pick up. Sometimes they will deliver the birds to the house too, but they call first to see if that is what you want. I have always gone to the PO to get mine. I can't wait for them to be delivered to my house. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  8. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    L&Schickens :

Quote:Nope. She has no money.

They will be in 2 boxes with 2 birds each box. The boxes will be taped together. There is not a lot of room and the air holes are now sealed with the required "Filter" [​IMG] so I am sure they will not freeze unless left outside for days or something. I will put the phone number on the box so when they arrive at their destinations main post office they will call the new owner and let them know they have chickens to pick up. Sometimes they will deliver the birds to the house too, but they call first to see if that is what you want. I have always gone to the PO to get mine. I can't wait for them to be delivered to my house. [​IMG]

I have the money, I just have to wait until my mother comes home and approves of them. She likes standards vs. bantams. I just joined a 4-H group, so the quad would make a lovely addition to our home. How is the rooster's temperment and do the girls like to be held??​

9. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Marty, the roo, is the sweetest roo ever!!! I just love him. I have never see a roo with such a good temperment. He is great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    He is such a stud!! Do they stay in your home or in a coop outside? Would they have a problem acclimating themselves to the Pennsylvania cold temperatures? If my mother approves, would you accept a money order?? We don't have a paypal account.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by