SQ Blue Partridge Silkie Cockrel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Beth G., Oct 11, 2011.

1. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Hello,

I am listing several different silkie cockrel's for sale. This one is probably my favorite [​IMG]

He is perfect and would be a great show prospect. He has perfect toe spacing and 5 toes on each foot. I will post pic's of his feet but, since I was kinda holding him upside down it's not a good pic to show his natural spacing but, gives you an idea. He has an nice little comb with no defects. He has hardly any hard feathers in his tail and a nice tophat.

Please email me with any questions. He will come wormed, dusted, nails trimmed, and a negative Salmonella Pullorum and Avian Influenza test paperwork dated August 2011.

Here are some more pic's of this cutie:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking [​IMG]
    Beth

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. blkpoodles

blkpoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2011
    Winsted, CT
    Beth G. :

Hello,

I am listing several different silkie cockrel's for sale. This one is probably my favorite [​IMG]

He is perfect and would be a great show prospect. He has perfect toe spacing and 5 toes on each foot. I will post pic's of his feet but, since I was kinda holding him upside down it's not a good pic to show his natural spacing but, gives you an idea. He has an nice little comb with no defects. He has hardly any hard feathers in his tail and a nice tophat.

Please email me with any questions. He will come wormed, dusted, nails trimmed, and a negative Salmonella Pullorum and Avian Influenza test paperwork dated August 2011.

Here are some more pic's of this cutie:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61583_bethany-20111011-004801.jpg
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61583_oxford-20111011-004841.jpg
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61583_oxford-20111011-004821.jpg
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61583_oxford-20111011-004851.jpg
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61583_bp_cockrel.jpg

Thanks for looking [​IMG]
    Beth

very cute​

3. Beth G.

Thank you!! He was a little wiggle worm when I was trying to get his pictures and it was late so they didn't come out that good [​IMG] But he's absolutely gorgeous in person and super friendly with the kids [​IMG]
    Quote:very cute

4. blkpoodles

Sep 5, 2011
    Winsted, CT
    Beth G. :

Thank you!! He was a little wiggle worm when I was trying to get his pictures and it was late so they didn't come out that good [​IMG] But he's absolutely gorgeous in person and super friendly with the kids [​IMG]
    Quote:very cute

i wish i can have him but dan will say no, i tried asking him to let me have a buff from pam since im getting chicks and 2 hens from her. he wouldnt budge since i already have 1 silkie roo lol

5. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Very pretty boy! I am not in the market but always look in order to learn something. I almost didn't look at him because your ad doesn't say silkie. I am not very knowledgeable so maybe other breeds don't have blue partridge. Just thought you might want to know. [​IMG]

6. Beth G.

Oh that's okay [​IMG] I understand trust me. I currently have way too many boys and I would keep them all but the DH said at least 4 have to go [​IMG] I swear I'm like the rooster farm lady in CT or something [​IMG]
    Quote:
    i wish i can have him but dan will say no, i tried asking him to let me have a buff from pam since im getting chicks and 2 hens from her. he wouldnt budge since i already have 1 silkie roo lol

7. Beth G.

Thank you. Your right I should change the title silly me!!! [​IMG]
    Quote:

8. blkpoodles

Sep 5, 2011
    Winsted, CT
    Beth G. :

Oh that's okay [​IMG] I understand trust me. I currently have way too many boys and I would keep them all but the DH said at least 4 have to go [​IMG] I swear I'm like the rooster farm lady in CT or something [​IMG]
    Quote:i wish i can have him but dan will say no, i tried asking him to let me have a buff from pam since im getting chicks and 2 hens from her. he wouldnt budge since i already have 1 silkie roo lol

whats funny is that he will allow me keep a male polish chick lol he's funny, i know im not getting any more polishes, im sticking with my silkies lol. the breed is just too awesome and the polishes are nice but too crazy lol

9. Beth G.

Girl I totally agree with that last statement! I hatched out some polish eggs wind up with one cockrel and one pullet. They were raised with my silkie cockrel grow outs and I swear the silkie would look at them like WOW what's up w those two flighty freaks?!? LOL I loved them but they were just two flighty for me so I donated them to a 100 acre farm and the owner is polish. He said those were the exact same chickens his mother raised and had to have them! Needless to say things are chiiled out in my silkie roo pen and the polish are living a great life [​IMG]
    Quote:
    whats funny is that he will allow me keep a male polish chick lol he's funny, i know im not getting any more polishes, im sticking with my silkies lol. the breed is just too awesome and the polishes are nice but too crazy lol

10. blkpoodles

Sep 5, 2011
    Winsted, CT
    Beth G. :

Girl I totally agree with that last statement! I hatched out some polish eggs wind up with one cockrel and one pullet. They were raised with my silkie cockrel grow outs and I swear the silkie would look at them like WOW what's up w those two flighty freaks?!? LOL I loved them but they were just two flighty for me so I donated them to a 100 acre farm and the owner is polish. He said those were the exact same chickens his mother raised and had to have them! Needless to say things are chiiled out in my silkie roo pen and the polish are living a great life [​IMG]
    Quote:whats funny is that he will allow me keep a male polish chick lol he's funny, i know im not getting any more polishes, im sticking with my silkies lol. the breed is just too awesome and the polishes are nice but too crazy lol

yea i have red sexlinks and a leg horn and they all run up to me when i come out, my polish nope. even when i toss him food, hes an idiot lol. even when i went to get him at the fair he freaked out. i was like dude chill.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by